Dying My Hair: Red To Dark Brown

Ever since I dyed my hair red, my mum has been pestering my to dye it back to my natural hair colour. Since I actually want my natural hair colour I thought "might as well." So my mum took me to Guardian in Holland Village and we both chose the colour.



Besides the actual hair dye, I also used a towel that is ok to stain and a black shirt.



Inside the box there is the developer, the colourant, the conditioner, a set of gloves and instructions. This particular package also came with a free mascara. I'm not sure if the mascara is always included with the dye or if its just something special offer because it's chinese new year.



I washed my hair the night before. Starting with clean hair makes it easier for the dye to latch onto the hair.



Following the instructions, I poured the colourant (right) into the developer (left) and shook the bottle until the colour was well mixed.



I then sectioned my hair for a well balanced outcome.



See that little tip? After the dye has been mixed, I cut that tip off to begin dying my hair.



I sectioned my hair 3 times the same way and then randomly poured the rest all over my hair. Every now and then I lightly massaged the scalp just to make sure I got all the hairs. I always try to finished the bottle of hair dye, making sure I covered my hair fully. I then get a jaw clip and tie it all back! 



Before:



After:



I'm gonna be honest. I wasn't happy with the results at all. It came out darker than what the box presented as a shade. I'm hoping it will lighten with the sun and washing it a couple more times will wash out the excess dye. 

I've never used Revlon before and, to be honest, my favourite hair dye is L'Oreal Paris. The colour came out exactly like the shade on the box and it also comes with a protective treatment for before you dye your hair.

I'll include this in my hair update in about 2 weeks. Until then, take care xx

Comments