How To Tame Frizzy Hair

I have pretty frizzy hair and for years I've been searching for a product that would help reduce the frizz in my hair. Well I'm proud to say that my search came to end when I figured out a few tips and picked up a couple of products. Just a disclaimer, I'm not saying that this is a cure for frizzy hair.

The first thing that I realised was that my hair was frizzy because it was lacking moisture. So the very first step I took to reduce the frizziness in my hair was to do a conditioning treatment about three times a week. This could vary as it all depends on how often you wash your hair and how dry and damaged your hair is. I typically wash my hair once every 3 days because I have very oily hair.

These are the two products that really made the difference to my hair.


I always use both products but to do different things. The product on the left is the Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil by Organix and it is a penetrating oil. I purchased this product from Guardian as they sell other Organix hair products. The product on the left is Monaco Argan Oil which also seems to be the name of the brand. Unfortunately I couldn't find a store that sold this product so I purchased it from Qoo10.

First I use the Monaco Argan Oil. When I feel like my hair is getting oily I apply this oil on my scalp. The reason I use this oil is because it's 100% natural oil and contains no alcohol. After I take a shower in the evening, the pores on my scalp should be open so I section my hair and apply this oil. I then add some more oil to the rest of my hair to act as a conditioning treatment.

Ok, this is gonna sound a little weird but I've seen a lot of youtube videos about this! I sit down and basically bend down and massage my scalp. This helps to stimulate the pores and helps them absorb the oil better. This is said to help your hair grow!

I then tie my hair in a soft, high bun and leave in the oil while I sleep.



When I wake up the next morning, I shampoo my hair twice to get rid of the excess oil and condition my hair. If I feel that my ends are really brittle, I will leave in a conditioning treatment, if not I just towel dry my hair and add the following oil. I usually add a pea size amount to my hair because I have short thin hair.



Not only did these products reduce the frizziness in my hair but it also restored the shine in my hair! I hope these products work wonders on your hair!

Take care xx

Comments