Relax and Have a Good Nights Rest

Recently I've been having trouble sleeping but I tried a couple of things to help me relax before going to bed.

About an hour before I actually get into bed and sleep, I like to switch off all the bright lights and light some candles and switch on my side light. I usually do this at around 10/11pm. I try not to sleep so late especially if I feel that I am lacking sleep. It's really important for me to get 9 hours of sleep but it's also important for me to sleep before midnight. Lighting candles really help to create a calm atmosphere and it helps me get into "sleep mode." It kind of reminds me of lying on a massage bed ><






I slowly start getting ready for bed, I take a shower and brush my teeth. Getting rid of all the dirt that built up on your body during the day makes you feel fresh and light. I typically like to wash with warm water to get your blood flow circulating and relax your muscles especially if you've had a stressful day. I wouldn't recommend checking Facebook and Twitter or watching any videos. I try to stay away from electronics after I shower because I don't want to get my brain all worked up again.

Once I've finished my night skin care routine, I slip into a baggy shirt, blow out the candles and grab a face mask. A little tip that I find helps me sleep is to leave my hair down and remove all my earrings so that nothing is in the way. The face mask should be cold to help refresh your face. I usually leave it on for about 10 minutes and during that time I close my eyes and slowly drift off into la la land. When I feel like I'm about to fall asleep, I remove the mask and put it back into the packet. I wouldn't recommend getting out of bed because it'll disturb your sleepy mood.




While the excess moisture from the face mask is sinking into my skin I usually grab my phone to tell my boyfriend good night and I try not to open any other applications.

Writing this entry is already making me sleepy! Good night everyone! Sweet dreams.

Take care xx

Comments