How To Get Rid of Acne Break Outs

Hello my squishy faces! Today's post is about what I do to get rid of annoying break outs. I'm not acne prone but I've been taking pills to grow my hair and after a while they cause massive break outs all over my back and a few stubborn ones on my face.

The very first thing I do is apply stickers over the pimples to "suffocate" them. These stickers help to bring out all the dirt and puss. You can get these stickers from any Guardian or Watsons store.




After waiting around 20 minutes or so to make sure that the sticker is completely dry, I remove the sticker and use a blackhead/pimple tool to remove what rose to the surface. I got this tool from Guardian.



As you can see this tool has 2 parts to it on each end.


This part is used for pimples. I placed the hole over the pimple and press down so release the dirt from the pores.


If I feel that there is still more gunk stuck inside, I use this side of the tool to remove the rest.

Once that's done I proceed to washing my face with Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foam Cleanser. This is another drug store product that can be found at Watsons or Guardian.



I prefer using this than other face washes because I feel that it's better at drying out the pimple and removing dirt.



First I wet my face and pour a small amount of the face wash onto my palms. When I wash my face I try to pour a small amount because once it lathers up it's enough to spread over your face. I might have exaggerated a little but half of that is enough.


I wet my hands and rub them together to get more of a soapy texture. I do this for easier application.


Once I've applied it all over my face I like to give myself a little massage as this helps to wake me up in the morning.

I prefer rinsing my face with warm-hot water. This helps open up the pores and helps the next step to its job well. The next step is applying a clay mask. I applied a clay mask last night to I'm only going to apply it over the parts that have pimples.



Any clay mask will do to help dry out the pimples but this one is Facial Purifying Clay Mask by Freeman and again this can be found in Watsons and Guardian.


I like to use a brush to apply my clay masks because I feel that I have more control in making an even layer.


So I've applied it to my forehead and my chin because those are the only places that I break out on my face.

Once it's dry, rinse off with warm water and apply a toner. The toner that I'm using is the Garnier Pure Active Spot Purifying Toner from Guardian or Watsons.



I apply quite a large amount to a cotton pad but not too much that it's soaking. I love the cooling effect of this toner and it works really well at drying the pimples. The only thing I don't like about this toner is the strong, toxifying smell but hey it does the job so I'll just hold my breathe.

After the toner dries I apply my usual moisturiser.

After this routine I instantly see results. The pimples became smaller and there's no junk left to surface. I do this once a day for a couple of days. I try not to do is so often because I don't want to dry out my skin. I hope this works for you because it took me a while to find a routine that works instantly!

PS: Excuse the quality of the picture but it was really cloudy when I was taking the pictures ><

Take care xx

Comments