Tattoos Are A Form Of Art

So recently I've been thinking about getting a tattoo to represent freedom and strength. I won't go into my whole life story but it really means a lot to me.


I met a friend for dinner yesterday and she asked me when am I getting it done and I realised I've only been putting it off because of my parents, well mainly my mum. I'm at the point where I half don't care but half still respect their feelings.

I personally don't see what's so bad about tattoo. To me, they're a form of expression, feelings and memories. It's just like writing a song or painting a picture, it's art. Just because it's on your body and it's with you forever doesn't make it wrong. People express themselves in different ways. Maybe they've been through many problems and when people judge them because they have tattoos is like saying their problems are stupid.

To me, this tattoo represents a transformation from a fragile feather, going wherever the wind takes it to a powerfully bird, flying towards it's own destination. I believe that people are free to do what they want to do. Live their life the way they want to and NO ONE has the right to tell them otherwise. Obviously I'm not saying that if someone wants to steal and rape that they have the right to do it but if some one is gay, let them be. It's their life, it doesn't affect you. If you don't like it then don't look at them.

This tattoo encourages me to come out of a every bad situation as a stronger person. My life has been quite the roller coaster ride and I want to be able to look at that tattoo and remind myself that I'm still here and I can't let anything break me.

Comments