My Green Tea Diet (How I Lost Weight)

Before I start telling you about how I managed to lose over 10 kgs with this diet, I want to say that I am in no way saying that this is the way to lose weight and that it is guaranteed you will also lose weight with this diet. Please try to understand that everyone's body is different and everyone has their own way of losing weight, which is why some diets might not be working for you but they work for your friends.

About a couple of years ago I was in Malta celebrating my nanna's (grandmother's) birthday. It was a dinner celebration and I decided to try something different so I ordered the fresh tuna. Honestly, I didn't really like so I didn't even finish it! It was the end of the night and everyone was heading home. It was only whilst I was walking up to the door of my house when my brother asked me why my skin was so red. I had no idea what he was talking about until I looked down at my arms. They were filled with red patches all the way up to my chest and neck.

My parents didn't even unlock the door and they rushed me to the ER. The weird part was that I wasn't feeling any itchy or dizziness. When we arrived at the ER the doctor gave me an antihistamine but they couldn't determine what exactly caused it. Some said it was the tuna and some said it might have been the chemicals that were used to preserve the tuna.

From that night till a few months later I was put on a strict diet because my dad thought it might be because my body wasn't producing enough histamine to break down the histamines in the food and my mum just didn't want my eating any rubbish foods as she called it. This meant no preservatives, no processed foods, nothing. I was living on steak and lettuce. It doesn't sound that bad right? I mean steak is delicious, but when you're eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner it becomes depressing.

So ever since that day I completely cut out any junk food, candy, packaged foods, soft drinks, juices and well basically anything that was man made and not fresh. This is when I picked up green tea. I'm not really one to drink water so I thought "what's another healthy option?" I've always had green tea packets in my kitchen but I was never really motivated to do much about losing weight.

I started drinking tea around 6 times a day. One mug for breakfast, one after lunch, one after dinner and whenever I felt like I wanted to binge eat. Green tea is great to drink in the morning for starting your metabolism and it's also great for digestion. Instead of binging on candy or chocolate, I drank a mug of green and I came to realise that half the times I thought I was hungry, I was actually thirsty! Whenever I felt I was hungry or just felt like eating, I drank green tea instead and if after 10 minutes I was still hungry then it wasn't a need for a drink I was actually hungry.

I realised that I was losing weight fast in the first few weeks so I decided to take this diet a step further. My mother always used to tell me to finish what was on my plate because of the starving kids in Africa but I decided to put an end to this. If I was full then I stopped eating. What's the point of filling a gas tank that was already full? That was always my reasoning when my mum asks me why I didn't finish.

Over the course of a year I went from weighing 67kgs to 49kgs and I didn't do any exercise what so ever.

Don't believe me?



The girl of the left is me way before I started the diet.



This was me after I lost over 10kgs.

If you would like to see more pictures you can go ahead and look at my instagram pictures @tashakissaun

Well to those of you who have been asking how I managed to lose weight, here is the complete version!

Take Care xx

Comments