Hairdresser Completely Ruined My Hair

So as you all know I have extremely frizzy hair that's almost impossible to maintain in Singapore's humid weather, so every 6 months or so I head down to Kimarie at Nex to do the Steambond. If you would like to read up more on the steambond I wrote a review about it. Here's the link: http://natashakissaun.blogspot.sg/2014/03/loreal-steambond.html

Every time I go to Kimarie, there are always new hairdressers working there, which didn't bother me until I went back a couple of days ago to get my routes done. The woman at the desk was someone who had been working there every since I started going to Kimarie about 4 years ago. I specifically told her that I came like usual to do the steambond on my roots because I had 2 inches worth of hair that was just losing its shit all over the place. I desperately needed to do something about it. So either there was a communication problem between her and the girl who did my hair or she just didn't tell her anything and the girl just assumed that the waves of my regrowth was from the rebond. 

Of course she wasn't going to be the one to do my hair, instead it was one of the new girls. I didn't think twice about it because I was never dissatisfied with their services. The employees are very friendly and professional.

So as usual she checked the condition of my hair and had it washed and bla bla bla. When it came to finally blow drying my hair for the last time, I'm not even joking, my hair looked and felt like the bristles of a broomstick. I was so upset. I put in a lot of time and effort to keep my hair healthy and it's suddenly ruined in the span of 3 hours. I knew something was wrong because the reason why I was doing the steambond and not rebond was to avoid such an incidence.

The steambond supposedly uses less chemicals, which, I totally believe because the first 2 times I tried it my hair was so soft and shiny, it was like baby hair. I am very disappointed with the way my hair turned out and now I have to spend extra money to go and get expensive treatments done to repair the mess because home remedies won't be enough. I am not ready to chop off another 4 inches because of this. I've been trying to grow my hair and cutting it is the last thing I'll do.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to belittle this salon as part of the fault was mine for not checking with her to make sure she was doing what I wanted. This is a lesson to all you girls and guys out there, PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR HAIR MAKE SURE THEY KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. Whether it's a hair colour or a haircut, repeat what you want a million times to make sure they understand what you want, after all it's your hair and you're the one who has to live with it not them. Forget about getting on their nerves. Your hair is in their hands and it's their bloody job.

I've made an appointment next month to do an intensive hair repair treatment but until then I will try to maintain it myself and keep you guys updated on the products that I come across to repair damaged hair! Stay tuned!

Comments