Review: Detox Scalp Care Gel

Hi guys! This post is way overdue and I'm so sorry that I've been MIA for a while but I was super busy preparing for my exams but now that that's done I'm here to spam you all with new posts!

If you're a regular reader then you know that I have a super oily and sensitive scalp. I was doing some research on Qoo10 so find some kind of home treatment and TA DA I found one!


Introducing Detox Scalp Care Gel! Basically what this fancy stuff does is clear up your clogged pores from dirt, product build up and oils. I also use this to treat my eczema because it's great at drying up the red spots. This is also great for treating sensitive scalps as it contains tee tree. Scalps gels and scalp treatments are also recommended for those who have dyed their hair or have chemically treated hair like mine. This will also clean your pores from the chemicals and help restore the damage done to the scalp.

If you're not used to treating your scalp at home, here is how I do it.

These are the items that you will be needing to get started! A mirror, a comb, detox scalp gel and a bulldog hair clip (yes that's what I call it and I'm pretty sure there's another word for it. It's legit! I'm not making it up!


You want to start off with oily, unwashed hair.

 


Comb your hair through to make it easier to part your hair with the comb. After you've parted your hair, begin to apply the gel ONLY TO THE SCALP. Keep in mind that this is a gel for scalp care not for the hair. Massage the gel in up and down the parting.






Repeat this step on the top part of your head until you reach both sides of your head till your ears. If you have short hair like I do, this is where the bulldog clip is going to come in handy. Clip back the hair that doesn't reach behind your ears.




To treat the back of your head, part your hair this way starting from the bottom and working your way up.


Once you've done your whole head, massage your scalp all over to distribute the gel evenly and to check if you've missed any spots. Once you're done, tie your hair up until you begin to feel a cooling feeling. This is when you know that the product is beginning to work. Once the cooling feeling subsides it's time to wash it out.

To give my scalp an extra clean boost I use an antidandruff shampoo. I personally like to use Head & Shoulder's Cool Menthol shampoo.


Guys please remember, especially if you have a sensitive scalp, to wash your hair with cool water NEVER use hot water because it'll cause damage to both your hair and scalp.


For a little hair growth tip, wash your hair with your head tilted down. This allows more blood flow to your scalp to increase the speed of hair growth. This also helps you avoid getting any product on your body.



I definitely recommend using this only once a week. You will see a huge difference in your hair as you achieve a healthier scalp, faster hair growth and stronger, healthier hair.

Comments