Twitter

I've been having really bad experiences with Twitter in my relationships and it all has to do with ranting. Many of us just need somewhere to "place" their feelings when they either don't want to bother others or they're just too stubborn to talk things out properly.

Over the years I've developed the habit of posting what I feel on Twitter an even though I know it's wrong, I still continue to do it. It makes arguments so much worse and it makes my loved ones feel like they're not important enough to know what's going on in my head but worst of all it could lead to harmful tweets. Some things that I post really shouldn't be posted because it's none of other people's business.

You might be wondering "you're saying all these things and yet you still post personal things on Twitter." Yes, it's stupid and insensitive but in the heat of the moment, when you can't think straight, you do stupid things that you'll regret in the future.

I've decided to start writing in a diary, that way I can't say what I really feel without hurting anyone and only I know about it. That way there's nothing to erase because once the damage has been done. There have been so many times where I choose to rant and show complete strangers my true feelings instead of the people that really care about me and I can only imagine what that's like. If someone did that to me I know I would hate it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there are people who care about you, confide in them not in social media. I learnt my lesson the REALLY hard way and I know I'm not the only one that does this or has gone through this. Just don't do it. 

It's not only about hurting people but it's also about privacy. Not everyone needs to know what's going on in your life. At the end of the day, saying sorry doesn't make everything better and it doesn't erase the things you say. I know it may be hard but think before you act. I guess this is also a message to myself and I hope I'll think about what I'm saying before I'm about to rant to the rest of the world.

I wish I could turn back time but I know I can't so I need to start making a difference from now and I hope that this helps other relationships/friendships too.

Comments