Bad Experience at New York Skin Solution

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Clozette about a complimentary facial with New York Skin Solution. It came at the perfect time because it was my mum's birthday and it would have been a great idea for a birthday gift. I waited for their call after I filled in my details and I was so excited to surprise my mum with some pampering.

When the day finally arrived to bring my mum to Plaza Singapura (one of their outlets), I was very disappointed with the attitude of the woman who was assisting us (lucky for her, I didn't take down her name). When we first walked in, no one bothered to ask us what we needed help with like they didn't even notice that a customer had just walked through the door. When I went up to the counter to say that I had a 4 o'clock appointment for my mum, the woman's attitude was terrible. Not a single smile and she seemed very agitated and uninterested. 

She then proceeded to telling us that the facial was going to be 2 and a half hours long as they needed to do a skin analysis before actually moving onto the facial as their facials are customized. At this point I was beginning to feel a little frustrated because someone had called me the day before saying that I just needed to be there just 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled time but no one said anything about the facial being 2 and a half hours long (which is a ridiculous time frame by the way). She began to argue with me saying that her colleague did inform me of this time frame when in fact she didn't. 

I then turned to my mum and she was so disgusted with the service and attitude (as was I) that she didn't even want to reschedule her appointment. I was very upset because it was meant to be my mum's birthday gift and it turned out to be a lousy experience.

The next day, I received a call from the call center saying that I missed my appointment. I explained to her what happened and when I did she was shocked. She then proceeded to say that she was going to find out who the woman was and take some action.

Even though I am glad that they decided to take action, the fact that they called saying that I missed my appointment when I didn't shows that there is a lack of communication, which should be top priority in any business.

Lesson learned: do not assume that a professional business is of top quality in their services. Be the one to take the initiative and get all the information you possibly can before making a solid appointment. 

Comments