Review: Steam Cap

Hello my lovelies! I've got another review post for you! Recently I saw this steam cap on Qoo10 for about S$30 and I thought why not give it a try? I could give myself a salon treatment right at home!

This is cap is actually from Korea and I was really surprised to have received it in less than a week!

This is what the cap looks like



It also has a pull string to fit the the size of your head. To be honest I couldn't really tighten it that much but it was still a good fit.


It also comes with 2 plastic shower caps


There is also the option to buy the treatment but I figured I didn't need to spend an extra S$9 when I have 3 treatments at home.

Let's get started shall we?

After washing your hair like you normally would, towel dry your hair and apply your desired treatment. Specifically for this review I decided to use The FaceShop's Argan Seed hair treatment.


The reason why I'm using this hair pack is because I've used it before without the cap and it didn't make much of a difference to my hair (note my hair is extremely dry and damaged so it might do wonders on your hair if it's not that fried). By using this I could tell if the steam cap enhances the treatment or not.

After applying the treatment all over my hair (concentrating on the dry ends) I put the shower cap on, plugged in the steam cap and put it on.




The instructions say to leave the cap on for around 20 minutes. So I put the timer on my phone and watched a traumatizing episode of Grey's Anatomy (yes I cried in this episode)



Btw I didn't purposely place Meredith's head on top of my body I just happened to be positioned perfectly haha!

Once the timer was up I rinsed my hair with cold water and added a leave in conditioning treatment and argan oil (Tip: rinsing your hair with cold water adds shine to your hair because hot water can cause more damage). Just a side note, you'll probably start sweating because the cap gets quite hot but not to the extent that it's uncomfortable so if you just got out of the shower (like I did) I suggest you put the fan or aircon on.


Before I continue I'll just explain why there are numbers next to each treatment. The FaceShop offers 4 different types of hair treatments and they are used for different levels of dry and damaged hair. Number 1 is for hair that's a little dry and as the number gets higher, the more intense the treatment is. Avocado is probably best for my hair since my hair has been through so much.


Once my hair was completely dry I could finally see the results. I have to admit, for a product that was only around S$30, I'm really pleased with the results. Yes, my hair didn't turn out to be extremely shiny and soft but for someone who's hair is completely fried and has no hope of rescue, turned out to look pretty decent.



My ends still look dry but hey there's no such thing as completely restoring your hair. My hair is also not as frizzy as it used to be which means the cap really helped the hair strands absorb as much moisture from the treatment as possible.

I also have The FaceShop's Avocado hair treatment so let me know if you would like me to do a review on that!

Comments

  1. great review. i've seen this in q0010 and hesitating to buy. are you still using this and did it really improve your hair condition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I really do recommend this product because it has done wonders to my hair. Not only has it helped to gain its strength back, it's shine and it's softness but it has also completely eradicated any signs of frizziness. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

      Delete

Post a Comment