DIY Gift: Inspiration Jar

I'm the type of person who prefers giving instead of receiving. The look on the person's face when you give them a gift is priceless especially when there's no occasion, so that's why I came up with the idea to hand make an inspiration jar for my boyfriend. He does so much for me and I thought it was about time I did something nice for him.

The best thing about this gift is that you can give it to almost anyone for any occasion. It's a really nice gesture to make the effort to create something instead of just walking into a store and buying a gift. It also saves you the hassle of thinking of what to buy when you run out of ideas.

These are the things you will need


~ Scissors
~ A pen
~ Several blank pieces of paper
~ A container
~ String

So the very first thing you want to do is write down the inspiration quote on the blank piece of paper and fold the paper under the quote as you will eventually be cutting on that line.






After cutting the quote, roll the piece of paper into a cylindrical shape to tie the string around it.



I decided to tie the string in the form of a bow because it makes it look a lot cuter and it keeps each quote a surprise.







And that's pretty much all you need to do for this DIY gift. I managed to make 50 quotes because that's how many could fit in that specific container.

This is the final product after I added some last minute touches


Remember guys, it's not about the amount of quotes that counts, it's the thought!

Comments