#Don'tJudgeChallenge

So this 'Don't Judge Challenge' has taken over the internet for the last few weeks and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I remember the first time I saw the video I said to myself "ok, cute, let's move on" but it was suddenly everywhere! All over my Facebook newsfeed and it didn't seem like it was going to stop any time soon.

In case you're not on social media because you actually have a life, it's SUPPOSED to be a short video where people show what they look like when they're all dolled up and then what they look like under all that make up. Instead, everyone makes themselves look a million times worse by putting pen on their face to draw pimples and unibrows and then showing how gorgeous they are when they put on make up and dress up nicely.

First of all, the purpose of the challenge is totally lost. Instead of showing those who have really bad acne and aren't as good looking as some that it's ok not to look perfect, the challenge is making fun of these people. This challenge is meant to support those less fortunate in the beauty department but instead they're showing off how beautiful they are.

Have you seen one video where the person at the end was actually ugly or actually had some kind of problem on their face? NO YOU HAVEN'T because it's become an excuse to gain attention. "Oh this is actually me..." Girl stfu you look gorgeous and you know it. That's the only reason why you put this video up.

It's called the 'Don't Judge Challenge" for a reason. It's meant for everyone to show their natural selves without being judged and you know what, here's mine. I removed all my make up and I'm showing my really bad haircut because I want people to know that's it's ok if you're not considered perfect in the eyes of society.


I am in no way showing this video for attention. One of the reasons why I blog is for people to find a safehaven because I want to encourage people to be who they are and to love themselves unconditionally. Your only goal in life is to be happy FOR YOURSELF AND NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE.

Every individual has their own definition of beautiful and that's what makes everyone so unique. Who say's that skinny is beautiful? Who's says that a clear face is beautiful? The media? Exactly. The media and that's not everyone's idea of beautiful. At the end of the day, you can't please everyone so just be happy being you and what you think is beautiful.

Beautiful is not just what you can see on the outside but it's also on the inside. Maybe you're sweet and kind and generous. That's still beautiful.

You are ALL beautiful in your own way.

Comments

  1. Totally agree with all of this, and good for you for posting an actual video! No one likes to show themselves with no makeup, but it's ridiculous what standards we hold ourselves (and others) to. I wish there was more actual awareness going around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! The point was to spread awareness but I obviously can't do it alone. People are more concerned with what's going viral and how it can make them more popular unfortunately.

      Delete

Post a Comment