Blogging Contest: Battle of the KFC Wings

I remember when I first moved to the Philippines, I became obsessed with K-pop and the Korean culture. I memorized the lyrics of popular songs so I could sing along with my Korean schoolmates, I even taught myself to read, write and speak Korean so I could understand the lyrics and speak to my Korean friends! Some of my favourite groups at the time were Super Junior, Big Bang, 2PM and 2 AM, Shinee, Beast, Infinite, MBLAQ.... Pretty much all the popular K-Pop singers in 2012!




I was so engrossed in the talents of Korea that I began watching Korean dramas and even eating Korean food more regularly. I was totally obsessed and pretty much losing my mind and driving everyone around me insane!




Everything about Korea was just mind blowing to me. I come from a very small island in the Mediterranean Sea so I wasn't really exposed to what was really out there. I love how Korean dramas could make me cry and leave a huge impact on me when the drama was over. Even the lyrics to Korean songs are written so beautifully. Most Koreans write their songs like poems unlike the Western rubbish that's written about clubbing, drinking and so on. Till today, I still listen to Korean music. Don't believe me? Here's a screenshot of my music library.


When I was studying Korean, I was amazed by all the formalities and how polite they are to each other just by using the honorific form.

Apart from all that jazz, the one thing that keeps me loving the Korean culture is definitely their food. From Bibimbap to Kimchijjigae and Bulgogi. I swear I could eat Korean food everyday for the rest of my life. 




The flavours are so rich and delicious. What I love the most about Korean food is how nutritious it is! It was a whole new world to me. I was used to eating pasta, pizza, fish and chips that this was a whole new revolution of eating. The best part is Korean BBQ. I find it so fascinating to be able to go to a restaurant and cook the food yourself. I know it must sound stupid to some people, "Why go to a restaurant and cook the food when you can cook at home?" Well, to me it's about the experience, doing something that isn't usually done in my culture.

Since I love the Korean culture so much, I decided to join a contest called Battle of the KFC Wings between Japan and Korea and I obviously chose Korea! I'm a sucker for KFC's chicken wings I mean, let's be honest, no one can beat them! Freshly breaded in-store with a special batter, these juicy wings are cooked to crispy perfection and coated in your choice of two bold flavours - choose between the Japanese-inspired tangy yet savoury Umadare and the Korean-inspired sweet and spicy Yang Yeum. Who will be crowned king of the wings? You decide...

Comments

  1. The actual flavors are extremely rich as well as delicious. Things i love the the majority of about Korean food is exactly how nutritious it really is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment