Why I Don't Recommend Dry Shampoo

I'm always on the look out for new hair care tips and I could end up watching 10 videos a day on Youtube. Most beauty gurus on Youtube recommend using a dry shampoo to avoid washing your hair everyday. Although it's a great technique for those of you who hate greasy hair, I'm gonna tell you why you shouldn't use dry shampoo.

Firstly, dry shampoo defeats the purpose of not washing your hair everyday because it's soaking up all the oils in your hair. The naturals oils that are being secreted from your scalp are actually really great for nourishing your hair as it acts as a natural conditioner for your roots. By not using a dry shampoo, you're allowing your hair to soak up the oils and let it condition itself naturally over the course of a few days. Once I stopped using dry shampoo, I noticed a huge difference in my roots. They were extremely soft and shiny. Once you feel like your hair is really greasy, I personally recommend that you don't wash your hair for another day, just so that you allow your roots to soak in it.


See that shine? That's all natural hair except for the messed frizzy hair at the back haha.

Another reason why I wouldn't recommend using a dry shampoo is because it's creating more product build up on your scalp. Since a dry shampoo is meant to be sprayed on the scalp, the powder is depositing itself into the pores causing your hair to grow slowly and less healthy. This is because the pores are being blocked so the hair strands aren't able to receive the nutrients it needs to grow. Now, you might be wondering, "isn't greasy hair essentially blocking the pores too?" and you're right. However the grease is not only nourishing your hair but it is also nourishing the scalp since shampooing your hair strips all these oils away. Because of this, I cleanse my scalp weekly with a natural spray.




This spray is absolutely amazing for deep cleaning the scalp. I also use this because I use shampoos that do not contain sulfates and therefore do not really clean my scalp properly. It gives my scalp an amazing tingling feeling that also promotes hair growth!

I hope this post was useful to you guys! I put a lot of effort into my research and I've spent a lot of time trying different products and tips and so far they're working pretty well!

Comments