Singapore Blog Awards 2015

I've never been to one of these events before so when I found out that I was chosen to attend the Singapore Blog Awards by Omy Blog Club, I was super excited! I've been working really hard on my blog and even though this might not seem like a huge thing to many people, to me, it meant a lot.

This year, the Blog Awards were held at F Club in Clarke Quay. I've always loved F Club for the way it was designed. The paintings, the statues, the curtains. It has a very posh feel to it.

Me and my boyfriend Andy getting ready for the event!



This is the outside of F Club and although it doesn't look like much on the outside, the inside is done up really nicely. I apologise for the bad quality image but I was taking all the photos with my iPhone 6 Plus and I just couldn't get the camera to focus on the sign without the picture looking really dark...


Time for a picture!


Before I even walked into the club, I was given this goodie bag and I actually really like it because it's something I can actually take around with me!


Inside the goodie bag was the program booklet that featured the judges and all the bloogers who competed, there was also a badge that says "Snap, Sleep, Post, Repeat" with a hashtag that says "#SocialMediaAddict," 2 subscriptions to the online newspaper (at least that's what my boyfriend told me because I can't read Chinese haha) and finally there was a card for a complementary entry for any Wednesday in August including 10 free drinks plus a "special treat" if you're one of the first 300 girls to enter!


Let's take a look inside shall we?










We were also given a free coupon at the entrance coupled by free flow food!



Time to get down to business!


Very sexy dancers!



Our host for the night, Anna Lim.


Guest of Honour, Ms Low Yen Ling.


Charles Wong with his amazing beat boxing skill to introduce the different categories.


Some of the winners!


Congratulations to the winners of 2015!

Best Family Blog: Darren How/Victor Tai
Best Fashion Blog: Uli
Best Food Blog: Ms SkinnyFat
Best Health and Wellness Blog: Pris Chew
Best Individual Blog: Eternality Tan
Best Lifestyle Blog: Valyn Lim
Best New Blog: Kat Eyes
Best Topical Blog: Shirley Wong
Best Travel Blog: Pohtecktoes
Best Beauty Blog: Fiona
Most Popular Beauty Blog: Cheryl
Best Cooking Blog: Diana Gale
Most Popular Cooking Blog: Diana Gale

Top 10 Most Popular Blogs:
Johor Kaki
Bumble Bee Mum
Summer Goh
Mama J
Shirley Wong
Angie and David
Ah Pou
Travelling McDs
The Ranting Panda
SG Unfit Runners

Favourite Twitter Influencer: Lee Hsien Loong
Favourite Youtube Channel: Wah Banana
Favourite Local Instagram: Jeanette Aw
Favourite Overseas Instagram: Choi Siwon

Once the award ceremony was over, I took full advantage of the activities that were around!

Who can resist a professional photo-shoot right?



For this game, we had to pluck off one of the tags and when we opened it, there would be a logo with either Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Each logo had a basket with different gifts so whichever one you chose would determine our gift!


Thought I would give the fortune teller a try!



Time to head home



I had a really great experience at the Singapore Blog Awards and I'm so glad I didn't chicken out last minute! If I'm being honest, I was a little nervous because I had no idea what to expect but I really didn't need to be because I had a great time! I really hope to be attending more of these events and be more active in the blogging community in Singapore!

Comments